You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo | Frequent Crashes on 1.6.5.123

Hi.

Not sure if it's just me. Since I updated Affinity Photo to 1.6.5.123 I've experienced frequent Photo application crashes. My machine is an up to date Win 10 64 bit build with 16GB RAM. Typically Photo crashes within about five minutes and sometimes it's autosaved my work.

Is this just me :)

Cheers

Andy

• Staff

Hi AngusMcGonagle :)

Sorry to hear this! I'm personally using Windows here at Serif and although I'm not constantly editing, I'm certainly not experiencing this amount of crashing.

Does this happen when following the same workflow, or do the crashes appear random? 

Please navigate to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports and upload the latest 3 reports that appear there, and I can forward these to our devs to look into this for you!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I have the same problem. My AP often crashes when opening raw files - basically the SW simply closes when any warning or error message. My AP version is 1.6.5.123, running on Win10 with 32MB RAM. I cannot find the path %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports on my computer. Any solution? Thanks.

• Staff

Thanks for the info @GoldenFarm, the path can be entered under the Run dialog (Win key + R) and should direct you straight to the folder. If you're still struggling, try %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\ and let me know if your Crash Reports folder is here.

Could you confirm the model of camera your RAW files originate from?

You may find resetting your program helps, you can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for that :)

In the meantime, resetting your software may fix some of the crash issues, you can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. 

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

Please note -

Many thanks!