You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make a style of this ?

Well in Textoptions i am still lost..

I just Copied some text from an indesign file, to my publisher textframe...

Now, How can i tell Publisher to make a Style from this ?  i just cant save the "No style" out to  a Paragraph style..  sure i get everything wrong here, but how can i get it from indesign to publisher and reproduce my styles ?  

make-styles.JPG

Perhaps (without the actual text it's hard to test :) ):

1. Select the text.
  2. Click the Create Paragraph Style button or the Create Character Style button at the bottom of the Text Styles panel?

style1.png.acd9efdbaf70bbad6bc39344c3494cfe.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

If you mean the Mandarin text which is selected then I will offer no advice out of my utter ignorance of non English languages.

If you mean the English I'll second Walt.Farrell with the caveat of checking the "main text_EN" Character Style first. I bet there is something in there which will bite you bad later on.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 hours ago, Tom Schülke said:

But what for example if i wanted to turn my "non style" to the "body",  how can i tell body to take the attributs from my acutal pasted text ?

You may have already discovered this (I haven't finished reading your other topic, yet), but:

1. Select the style you want to update in the Text Styles box.
  2. Select the text to use that has the adjustments.
  3. Use the Update Style button.

updatestyle.png.6fac4fb29e6035a2f57a08853b85e063.png

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Hi Walt farrel, 
thanks for your answers,   but somehow this doesnt work for me in this case... let´s see if i get this wrong.
i create a new textframe, i go to my indesign doc.   copy the text straigt  away outof the text.. paste it inside of affpublisher in my textframe...   Now the font, and look, is the same as in indesign..

now i decide this should be my body style i allredy have in the paragraph styles..      but when i now click on my paragraph style "body",my text in the frame instanly changes to those formating settings of the body... (which seems logical).

ok.. other way around..

i click to my paragraph style  "body"first!     then select the text (to maybe be now able to take the textattributs from those text to the allready selected bodystyle. but now my paragraph selection switches to "no style", 

i wanted to tell the existing body style, to take the settings from the pasted text i copied from indesign..   

third attemp.. 

i copied my text from indesign.. select the text and ..  make a new paragraph style from this out of the box. and named it "body2" for example

ok..  now i selected some words, changed the size from i think 12pt to 24pt..   but the result is, that all text changes to squares..    i just dont understand whats happening here..  maybe some problems coming from the font? SimHei which i first had to install on my computer.. (its a chinese text i cant even read..  )

For the last one, it's likely you needed to separate the Chinese and English portions so the have separate font and language specifications. (Character panel, perhaps? I'm away from the computer right now.)

For the others, I'm not sure; will need to play with it.

-- Walt
PC:

I would do this sideways or almost backwards from what you are doing.

Paste the text into a text frame. Make certain it is displaying the Chinese characters and the Latin characters correctly (i.e. no 'boxes') move the cursor through the lines making sure it is all one Font. If it is more than one font we give up and find someone fluent in the language to help us.

Deselect everything including the Text Frame. Make a new Paragraph Style called "Mixed Language" based on "No Style" and change the Font and only the Font to SimHei. Now select the text and apply the paragraph style "Mixed Language"

Should work if it doesn't it may in fact be a bug or a bad font. Perhaps the particular flavours of Unicode are getting mixed up. Sorry I can't help, don't have the text nor the font.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.