You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Find and replace

When inserting text into a document, often bullets get included as part of the text rather than as a style attribute. This is normal and to be expected.

I have tried to use 'find and replace' to delete them out of a long bullet list. Unfortunately find and replace doesn't seem to work unless there is something entered into the 'replace with' box. What if I want to replace with nothing?

Also, doing command+F seems to cause a crash unless working within a text frame.

The way I do this is to look at the results of the find operation and see what is before and/or after the bullet. For instance say the results are mostly Bullet <space> Then in the replace field i put the <space> in and hit replace all. Sometimes it'll be a Tab after or before or a paragraph or line return. Without grep we have to improvise.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

13 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

The way I do this is to look at the results of the find operation and see what is before and/or after the bullet. For instance say the results are mostly Bullet <space> Then in the replace field i put the <space> in and hit replace all. Sometimes it'll be a Tab after or before or a paragraph or line return. Without grep we have to improvise.

Yeah, I thought of that but that then means I still have to go through deleting the spaces or tabs. Not really any easier than just deleting the bullets and spaces manually. 

Quite often it is a true case of six of one or a half dozen of the other.

I feel your pain. [not-literally emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.