You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Click-Drag Should Select All (non-locked) Objects

Don't know whether this is a glitch or a missing feature (if it is missing, please add it!), but if you click-drag to highlight several objects, it only selects certain things (seems to ignore groups and images). This is rather annoying when you quickly want to grab a few objects and move them around. I don't want to group all these objects (or try to find them all in the layers panel and CMD+click to select them all) in order to make the occasional movement adjustment on otherwise separate objects, as it will quickly become a faff to keep grouping and ungrouping things.

When I click drag over everything in the screenshot, only the two boxes pointed to with the red line are selected. (The object on the left is a group; a box with a fill colour, and two text boxes). Why are groups and images ignored on click-drag selections? (They're not locked either) Am I missing something?

Edit: Made a mistake, it only selects one object at a time, not both boxes, which is even more annoying (it's just that click drag can be used to select either box, whereas it won't select at all an image or group). My bad.

Edit 2: OK, sometimes it seems to select both the textboxes, so maybe it's a bit glitchy too.

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 15.36.37.png

1 hour ago, MickRose said:

Works okay here. Are you enclosing the objects or just mousing over some of the object? I think its changeable in the preferences somewhere and it might be worth checking your setting.

I think you're referring to this preference:

pref1.png.d044fb77338c4109163d012d8515a7fa.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1