You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Negative images when exporting to PDF

Hi,

Congratulations on a breakthrough program. When exporting a Publisher document with placed bitmap images as a PDF I'm finding the result has the images in negative when viewed in Acrobat, Preview and Designer (although it is fine in Illustrator). I'm sure you'll fix it!

Thanks, I already have APhoto and ADesigner and can't wait to get APublisher into my workflow.

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 12.21.13.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 12.21.00.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear, 

I has a similar issue with beta 145. It is still there with 162.

I have made a document of 20 pages.
Each page is dead simple: a white A4 page as background plus one PDF import that is positioned.
All 20 pages go through the same process.
No other filter or whatever applied.

19 pages OK, one incorrect: page 4 appears normally on the screen, but the exported PDF is printed with negative colours for this page only. (this is not OK)

If I use the Publisher Invert filter fo page 4, the document is shown as inverted on my screen AND on the PDF (this is OK)

If I cancel the Invert filter, page 4 appears normally on the screen, but is printed with negative colours. (this is not OK)

Regards, Philippe

• 1 month later...

just updated today, and I'm having the same problem... only 2 jpegs on page 4 of 12page document is exporting as inverted colours... not sure why but it's doing it

I'm using the flatten as a workaround and it works for what I'm doing

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am having a similar problem here. I am using the 1.7.0.206 version.

I imported a PDF (exportet from Indesign).

When choosing "colour space: RGB" in the import options, the included images appear inverted in the publisher as well as in exportet PDFs.

When choosing "colour space: CMYK" in the import options, the included images appear correctly in the publisher, however inverted in exportet PDFs.

Besides, manualy inverting the images back within the publisher, does not produce the orinignal appearance, but a much lighter version.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.