But having the possibility to do what @Tom Schülke asks would be important.

When I create document with lot of images I need to "crop" (zooming, adjusting to the picture frame depending of the area I have), it can be with low resolution images the client provides.
When he's ok with those images, he sends me the high resolution ones, it's simple: I drop the new ones in each frame and they replace the low resolution ones with same position, size, etc.

It takes few seconds.

When I try do do (drop or replace) this in a picture frame in APub, the display is always different unless "Scale to…" or "Strech…" is selected. Sorry, but those options don't usually place image the way I want them to be.

I hope the development team will considere this :) 

On 12/8/2018 at 11:58 AM, haakoo said:

You can drag a pixel layer into a PF, 

Be careful, the end result is not the same if you drop a pixel layer in a picture frame:

1. Original image in a picture frame (there's a grey square with a cross is the Layers panel preview)
  2. Dropped layer (above the original picture, it didn't replace it)

2018-12-09_160125.png.d1891f419c775d8c59523987312aace3.png

8 hours ago, Wosven said:

It takes few seconds.

When I try do do (drop or replace) this in a picture frame in APub, the display is always different unless "Scale to…" or "Strech…" is selected. Sorry, but those options don't usually place image the way I want them to be.

I hope the development team will considere this :) 

This.

I also am used to work with low res or unretouched versions of photos in my documents, and upon finishing the project after several weeks of changing things, a simple task of replacing all the images with what is the approved version, by opening a seperate Finder window (or explorer for win). And from there flick those pics in. It’s literally a task of seconds even for a multi-page brochure.

If I had to do this with a command (replace) and getting a picker window, and then for each one had to navigate to the right folder, I would go nuts! 

Of course it is absolutely mandatory to keep all the positioning parameters, like: scale, offset, rotation, auto fitting, visible layers, crop box/media box, and so on. (the way, indesign does it)

• System: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011), 8GB RAM, 2TB SSD, running on 10.12.6 Sierra;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 24" LED Cinema Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminum);

18 hours ago, Wosven said:

Original image in a picture frame (there's a grey square with a cross is the Layers panel preview)

Not in the 1.7 beta

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / APh / ADe / APu  & latest (beta) versions

Sorry,

Thought you were talking about the grey background with cross in the PF itself,this is now transparent.
But you're right about the little icon,grey with a cross,still sitting at the clipped image inside the PF in the layers panel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / APh / ADe / APu  & latest (beta) versions