You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta v. 139: Stylistic alternate messes up Morandi small caps

Also other strange stuff is happening to text flow throughout my test document in the v133.

• First letter in a heading word change size when capitalized.
  • Drop cap is misplaced, not inline with the following text.
  • Drop cap is indented despite line indent at 0.

Are all of those problems when you're using Morandi, or do they occur with other fonts, too?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I have tried with other fonts without replicating the problem. So it may be specific to Morandi. I can't find a font with a directly comparable alternate, so I'm not quite sure. Morandi should be a professionally developed font, and have worked flawless in InDesign, Quark, Designer, and in the earlier Publisher Betas (pre v .133). 

I attach a new screen capture for the problem now in v .139

Affinity_Publisher_Beta_-__Untitled___Modified___90_6__.jpg

Excellent! The above issue is now fixed in 145! :D

However, some new minor issues have appeared (not present in earlier versions).

Numbers set as small caps are now spaced wrong. There is a huge gap between numbers. This does not happen in normal text. Not sure what causes it, but seem to be restricted to page numbers in small caps or when using the automatic numbering of chapters/heading. I'm still using the font Morandi, but also found it with another newer font, Bely (see images). 

Affinity_Publisher_Beta_-_UiO_Thesis__Modified___238_1__.jpg

UiO_Thesis_draft_pdf.jpg

Affinity_Publisher_Beta_-__Untitled___Modified___406_5__.jpg

Affinity_Publisher_Beta_-_UiO_Thesis__Modified___195_5__.jpg

• Staff
11 hours ago, retexo said:

Hi 

1) In the attached file I have made a master page, added auto page number and set that to 53 using the section manager (to get two numbers). 

2) I've tried to recreate the issue when using chapter numbering.

Or am I perhaps doing something wrong?

Morandi stylistic alternate return.afpub

Thanks for that - I've reproduced it now! It does seem limited to automatic numbering so will get that passed on to development!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.