You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello guys.

I left this feature request in the image-line forums, for the music production software FL Studio, so, I would love to have the following feature in Affinity as well.

It's the ability to program commands or extensions like programs like Microsoft Office, Adobe Flash/Animate, Microsoft VS Code, etc.

It would be really useful to be able to create commands to automatize tasks, in either Python, C# or Javascript language. (I'd said mostly C#, but Python would be good because of its simple syntax).

This will benefit greatly the Affinity/Serif developers, because they would only need to focus on fixing bugs mostly, and us community programmers could contribute by creating these commands and extensions so, the amount of features request should decrease.

For example, one crucial extension would be we type a text in a input textfield/dialog, and it splits that text by the spaces and create {n} amount of  textfields with the split words.

Also, search layers by layer description/name/title or by another search query like hidden, locked, blend mode, or layer containing {x} FX, or search all layers of type textfield, or search all pixel layers, etc.

There are so many tools we need to automatize task that us programmers could easily implement.

Can someone from Affinity confirm if there is any plan of including this feature, or at least, if they would at least consider implementing it in like version 2.x? 

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/22/2018 at 12:15 PM, Mesquito said:

I would second this request.  While I like the macro availability it is limiting.  Having an API to allow us to create our own scripts (preferably in python) would be a major plus.

I can't react anymore for 24 hours LOL I'm banned! I reacted with a heart on your reply.

Other developers are talking about this. Python, TypeScript and Javascript are the language more voted. I'd vote for Python or Javascript because they are not static typed, easier for building actions/macros/extensions to automate tasks in Affinity programs. It's a must! So every programmer out there can develop these so less feature requests the Affinity developers will have.