You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Still NO Greek hyphenation at all !

I don't think that Affinity ships any Greek dictionaries. Have you installed one?

If not, you could install one yourself. Further details in this forum post. You would want to be sure to install the hyphenation dictionary, too.

Also, of course, you need mark your text as Greek (Character panel, or via a text style you could make) and choose Greek for the spell checking. And you might need to adjust your hyphenation settings in the Paragraph panel, as (I think) hyphenation is turned off by default.

Someone on the Serif staff mentioned there is a bug that causes incorrect hyphenation for some Unicode characters, that should be fixed in the next beta. But that would cause incorrect hyphenation, I think, not total lack of hyphenation. That sounds like you may have not enabled it in the Paragraph panel (or don't have the dictionaries installed).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Trust me I have done everything OK !

I know the feature of HunSpell dictionaries and I have implemented it since PagePlus where Greek hyphenation has worked well !

If you have seen another post of mine for Publisher, I am saying that although Greek spelling is working OK there is TOTAL lack of hyphenation for Greek language and

this is an undeniable fact !

I have enabled EVERYTHING in the Character and Paragraph section related to hyphenation but still NO hyphenation !

So to any Serif staff that reads my post, PLEASE FIX this !

Edited by nikchem

4 hours ago, nikchem said:

PLEASE FIX this !

Dear @nikchem,

with all due respect to your request for a greek hyphenation dictionary.

Please consider that this is a first beta version that is announced to be mainly in English and translations will follow at a later state. Dictionaries are a different functionality from the UI translations, where Greek language is not supported. Also, this is the bug report forum and a missing hyphenation dictionary is not a bug. It would be better to post in the 'Discussions and Suggestions' section of the forum.

Still, please don't yell at the developers (by typing in capital letters). At the moment there is so much to do about basic bugs and features during this beta testing. We, the users and beta testers should be patient and constructive. I try to do so :)

Peace.
d. 

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• Staff

@nikchem

Sorry for the problems you are having and the frustration you are experiencing. I think that this post from the Affinity Publisher Lead Developer  admits that for accented characters we are not hyphenating correctly. Please can you retry in the next release.

If Greek hyphenation is still problematic in the NEXT beta release, please can you provide a sample .AFPub file (and the version of the hyphenation dictionaries you are using please).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Dear Mr Connor !

Many thanks for your reply and understanding of my issue !

I really appreciate it !

I will certainly test next version and send you all data you asked me in case there is NO hyphenation at all as well !

I will also send you an image showing how it is supposed to be hyphenated (directly from LibreOffice using the same hyphenation directories that I will send you)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.