You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Non-Destructive Warp Tool or Live Filter

Why they dont launch the version that they have right now and the continue update it??

They are giving time to another graphics designers to move back to another software again. A bunch of peoples moved to Affinity, but now some are moving back to another softwares, I not want do that, but there tools that I need that Affinity dont have yet. In 2019 the percentage of peoples that use affinity will decrease if they dont launch at least one version with new tools. C'mon Serif, we need your power before 2019 Please!!

I know how you feel mate. 

Even Microsoft Publisher has non-destructive custom warps LOL. 

It's a pain having to recreate everything from scratch if you want to modify the text of a warped text, or modify a path. Or modify the warp itself.

2018! Hello? It's a vital feature!

I can do the Wrap in affinity Photo, but it convert it to a Pixel Layer, the ironic is that I want do something in Affinity Designer, then I have to wrap the text or object in Affinity Photo, it convert it to a Pixel and then I have to use another software for trace the bitmap of this Pixel with the Wrap and then pass to Affinity Designer and continue working... Nobody want to do that. I'm just doing it because I want use Affinity Software, but is too much work and sometimes the trace bitmap no do the work well and I have to edit the nodes... I think that I will gonna stop using affinity for a while because despite that it have good workflow, doing some things, make me behind in my projects.

I recon they'll get there soon. I just keep illustrator cs5 knocking around for the stuff that Designer currently can't do: vector warps, select by fill, node reduction, simple vector 3d 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Yes.. please... These options are essential to experiment with! ( Specially for Logo Design). Please consider these tools for the next  Affinity Designer 1.7  update... or even for the next 2.0 paid update (hopefully not too far away) :)

Group a bunch of objects and apply a live distortion effect.

Something like this is easy in Illustrator ( takes a few second to set up) and you can experiment with the options until you are happy with the results, and even change them if you need them on the fly.

I'm guessing to do it in Designer you would need to draw each variation manually.... !  imagine that... 

warp-live-filter.png

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 4:55 AM, angelhdz12 said:

2019? Hello?

On 4/24/2020 at 9:09 AM, angelhdz12 said:

Ha ha ha. 2020😴

On 4/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, djjss said:

Wooww.. Even they been updating it, still dont have a lot of essentials features in both (photo and designer). I have to use 2 softwares for make some designs and sometimes sucks, just cause designer dont have some features.. 

On 4/25/2020 at 5:59 AM, ashf said:

This is also needed for smart object compatibility in order to import mock-up templates correctly.
And need to be applicable to embedded documents too.

On 5/29/2020 at 2:00 AM, abn5x said:

damn.. almost june 2020, still no way to import Warped Mockups PSDs... or warp vectors... I mean, those are kinda basic things for graphic designers..

On 10/9/2020 at 1:19 AM, mesbahworld said:

October 2020, Almost end of the year 

21 hours ago, YuY222 said:

End of 2020 and still no Mesh Warp Live Filter when will it be added?

I think you'll find.......

Screen Grab 2020-11-06 at 09.07.29.png

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Maybe I'm impatient but 6 years blah blah blah

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

We already have live displace filter  and  it could be  a perfect replacement to any manual mesh warp   doing  basically exactly same thing :  warping the image .

But weirdly it works all the way wrong  vs  same thing in evry other  soft.   Doing kind of opposite shifting on the  left and right side.  Not sure why.

All they need to do is  fixing  that displace filter   and  make it sample  form 3 channels of "layers behind"     Red and green channel to get shift direction /vector and  blue channel for a  distance of shift.     Sure it could be an hour of code tweak   since otherwise it's all already working.