You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Embedded files won't become assets - huh?

So I have a logo in afdesign format, I drag it into Publisher and, since I like to keep my design eleements tidy, I try to add it to an assets subcategory. I already know I can do this with the PNG version of the same logo, but it seems you can't do so with a Designer file. What's going on here?

I've already complained about how opaque the processes seem to be to maintain libraries, stores or whatever you want to call them. Would someoen like to explain Serif Affinity's rationale here?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 2:56 PM, MickRose said:

As a workaround you could double click to edit it, then group everything, then save as asset. Not too neat but it should work.

Forgot to add that after grouping the embedded AD document, you'd have to copy it, then go back to the main screen and paste it. Then you should be able to save it as an asset.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• 2 weeks later...