There doesn't seem to be a way of scaling images by a % value (e.g. select an image and scale it to 35%).

I would like to be able to double click or option click on an image and enter a % value to scale the image.

When manually scaling an image, selecting a corner and dragging it scales the image proportionally - in every other application one has to hold the "Shift" key down to constrain the image to scale proportionally. But the same rule doesn't apply when scaling by selecting the edge of a picture and dragging it. If you don't hold the shift key doing that the image scales in only one dimension.

IMHO The Shift key should always be required to be pressed to constrain the scaling.

(This is on MAC OS)

7 minutes ago, gordo said:

There doesn't seem to be a way of scaling images by a % value (e.g. select an image and scale it to 35%).

I would like to be able to double click or option click on an image and enter a % value to scale the image.

Select the image in the Layers panel. In the Transform panel, with the aspect ration locked, type *.35 into the width or height field. Press enter.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

24 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Select the image in the Layers panel. In the Transform panel, with the aspect ration locked, type *.35 into the width or height field. Press enter.

Whoa. Typing *.35 does not give you the same result as typing .35.

How is one supposed to know that they should add *?

Methinks it's a screwy GUI.

24 minutes ago, gordo said:

Whoa. Typing *.35 does not give you the same result as typing .35.

Why should it? 0.35 is an absolute value, so you can’t expect the program to know you intend it to be used as a multiplier unless you specify that. As @Fixx has said, you can simply type 35% instead; *35% would work just as well, but there’s nothing to be gained by prefixing the asterisk character.

How is one supposed to know that they should add *?

Methinks it's a screwy GUI.

Shouldn’t that be “a scrui GUI”? :P

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)