You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trouble making Stars - Zooms adjusts density

I have made a pixel layer from noise and adjustment layers and have rasterized a pixel layer, and still when I zoom in or out, the density of stars changes, and I have no idea what the export output will be as it is not consistent. I've attached the file to test out yourself and some images displaying the different zoom levels and one showing that it is just a pixel layer enabled

Pixel_Whack.afphoto

Window.PNG

zoom1.PNG

zoom2.PNG

zoom3.PNG

zoom4.PNG

zoom5.PNG

Try this

1. Create a rectangle that fills the document (I used white as the fill colour)
  2. Select Filters > Noise > Perlin Noise...
    1. Octaves: 6px
    2. Zoom: 50px
    3. Persistence: 100px
  3. Now select the Add Noise Live Filter
    1. Intensity: about 50%
  4. Now select the Curves adjustment Filter
    1. Pull the line down to look like this
      148502344_ScreenShot2018-09-23at19_55_20.png.a95f5086456748c6f4ace47f2dcc3c4f.png

You should end up with something like this
1086582846_ScreenShot2018-09-23at19_57_02.png.f4903a5798903401b8be7da7a1b46010.png

Zoom in and out to your hearts content and adjust those filters like ya life depended on it :D

Firstdefence Officer Chunky's log,  Stardate: -304271.6877219686 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

@BruceM47

You file does not load for me, looks like a corrupted upload

I think the official line for when things look different at different zoom levels is that you should view it at 100% to see what the exported image would most resemble.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.