You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Linking images

What do you mean by "it doesn't show the file you are trying to link"?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt,

Under Resources Manager, when I have an image embedded and I want to link it instead, when choosing link, I just get a blank window. If I go ahead and click OK the image will get linked correctly. I tried to replicate the issue so that I can send you a snapshot and the window opened correctly, showing the files. I imagine that the final version will be more consistent and always show the files when the window opens. Thank you anyway.

If you have an embedded image and the original image has been moved/deleted etc, when you say make it linked it will give you a directory listing and when you click OK a copy of the embedded image will be created in that directory

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

by the way.. 

for all fotage exept fonts, this is a way to get some of the funktions you would want to have from packaging..    just embedd your Images, andd footage,  and when you use it somewhere else, you can select all embedded stuff and point it to another location another folder, where it will be extracted, so you get the stuff you need. this way you can extract from your original footage folder the stuff you finaly realy used inside of your document.. 

ah yes...

another thing i noticed..   after extracting my footage to a new folder and make it linked on the other computer...    and than saving the new document, the filesice didnt change..  it looked as if the now linked footage is still storred to your original file, even when the ressourcemanager now tells you it is now linked...  

sounds like a halve implemented feature or a bug.