You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to fill the color in my businesscard object?

Hi Members,

Im a new Owner of Designer and Photo. I'm not very trained in the software.
I'm swissgerman and have also the german Books Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo with a lot of hints, but not in my case of problem.

I would start with a simple project (businesscard).
I would fill a prepared color to a the mesured carddesign.
I see now on the screen the layout of the businbesscard and have the correct mixed color ready in the color tools.

But I have no chance to fill the businesscard with the color:
Not with the collofill tool, not by klick and move and also not in the Photo (after switching from inside Designer to the Photo - the layout is here, the color also, but not tools will fill my businesscard.

Who can help me with a short step by step instruction:
How to fill the color in my businesscard object?

Thanks in advance for any help
Indalo

12 hours ago, Indalo said:

but not tools will fill my businesscard

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/Tools/tools_floodFill.html

Or New Fill Layer.

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/Layers/layerFill.html

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Shift + f5 is the key. It'll let you fill whatever you want, and it'll also let you do other kinds of fills if you want. You can also absolutely make a giant rectangle to cover the entire canvas, which is cool in the sense that you can go back and change the color in the future. Whatever works :)

I made an unnecessary and uncalled-for tutorial on making a quick business card, for a fictitious character, Dr. Dolphin Ph.D. It showcases the shift+f5 fill dialogue, among other things that you may perhaps find handy!

@Fixx

Thanks a lot for your short and fine working hint! All is in the box ... easy job ...!
You are right with the last comment about

@HuniSenpai (it works only with AP)
@Psenda (the hints are for AP, but the Video (Dr. Dolphin) is an impressive show for using AP)

Indalo

@Pšenda

If the objekt is full-opacity (no half-transparent pixel) you can easy use the the Fill-color in the FX-panel. Depending on the blend-mode it will mostly exactly done the job you want. 
Eg. white card with black / dark typo/symbols... Select that object and activate FX-color overlay (or however its called in english). Set this blend-mode to "darken" and choose a color you like. The white part takes this color, the rest keeps as black/dark as it is war!

In the opposite (black card/ white/bright items) you need an opposite blend-mode like "brighten". The white/bright will save and the black/dark will recolor...

Per default there is black as fill selected.... set it to a mid red or green or pink... to get a feel for what it is doing in the different modes! As more as you left the luminosity-middle, as more also light- and dark greys will affected. and as mor as you left the stauration-middle as more B/W or as more haribo... In extrem settings, just extrem black/white will keep its old values, all other will more less affect, so test with gentle luminosity/saturation first!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!