You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

POP-UP assistants

One of the current features in Publisher is that when hovering your mouse/pointer over a tool icon a POP-UP assistant presents text to tell you what the tool does.

Unfortunately the text is hidden behind the mouse/pointer and I cannot read it.

It would be better if the text POP-UP was displaced 10 to 30 pixels from the mouse/pointer so that it can be read.

Sorry, got called away from the computer before I'd finished giving a full  reply.

What @Bad_Wolf says is what I see too: the tooltip is already displaced away from the pointer.

Can you give specific examples where the tooltip is covered so that we can compare on our systems?

Also which OS are you using?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize,

I have tried to screen capture and example but am unable to do so.

I use Windows 10, 64 bit and to make the mouse pointer more visible I changed it to a large white pointer with a black outline.

When the ToolTip (POP-UP) appears, generally the first three to five characters are covered over by the mouse and the mouse must be wiggled vigorously to see these characters and sometimes I need to back off and try again to get a slightly different placement for the ToolTip so that it is less obscured by the Mouse Pointer.

It would seem to me that the displacement could be made programmable, thus one could choose 5 to 10 pixels diagonally and the ToolTip would be completely legible.

I continue to like the product design and look forward to the release.

Cheers