You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text resizing when duplicating layers or groups

Hey guys, this is something I've noticed a few times. I believe mostly it's happened with duplicating text groups, but occasionally it's happened after ungrouping a group containing text layers.

I do believe I may have resized some of these text groups using the scale transform selector at one time, but it seems like transformations should be retained when duplicating.

affinity-font-duplicate.mov

• Staff

Hi smallreflection,

That's a bug, but i'm having trouble replicating it. If you find a way to replicate this from scratch, it would be helpful if you could detail the steps you've taken to make it go wrong.

Does it still happen if you save the file, reopen it and try to copy/paste again? In case it does, can you provide me that file with everything else deleted except that block of text. I would like to try a few things.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have seen the same problem (both in sharp and beta versions of AD). When duplicating a text frame with cmd-C cmd-V, the font size in the copy gets screwed if the resolution of the document is set to something else than 72 dpi. What I have seen: The higher dpi, the smaller font in the resulting copy compared to the original.

Using duplicate (cmd-J) works as expected.

/Miro

This sounds like a duplicate of https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/8347-textbox-copy-paste-changes-font-size/. That one happened when the document had changed DPI or been scaled. Thus:

• New document at 72dpi.
  • Create text frame.
  • Change document to 300dpi.
  • Copy and paste text frame.

If this is the same or related, it should be fixed in the next build.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.