You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text overflow icon not always visible

If the zoom factor is too low, the text overflow icon is not visible. In documents created in Publisher, this is not as big a deal - you have to zoom out a lot to lose visibility of the icon - ie. under 20%. However after opening an InDesign PDF in Publisher, and deliberately shrinking a text box to create overflow, I have to zoom in excessive amount (400% or more) for the overflow icon to display. On the positive side, I'm really enjoying Publisher and the recent change of the icon to red when there is overflow is helpful.

720428816_ScreenShot2018-09-22at4_25_25PM.png.a0713bed94b5e9f7e1d978fb8fad3f87.png1938032069_ScreenShot2018-09-22at4_25_08PM.png.2968d5de6c902f05bdd1037d49178ab6.png

Well, I've noticed that when the frame is selected, the overflow icon is often not displayed to make it easier to select the frame handles. Maybe that's why you need to zoom in like that on a smaller frame.

When the text frame is not selected, the overflow icon appears as a red dot when the text overflows. The red dot even appears on all connected frames. Even the one where the text starts, so you know there is still an issue (or no longer) at the end of the text.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.