You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text tool very unresponsive in v. 133

New wrinkle in v. 133.  I am having a difficult time with the Text tool.  I place a text frame, start typing, then decide to add an image.  Change to the Frame tool or the Picture tool, place the image, then want to go back to entering text.  Change to the Text tool, click into the Text frame.  Nothing.  Particularly if the new text is to start at the left margin of the text block.  Up to the black pointer tool, click on that, then down to the Text tool, click on that.  Sometimes it then permits text to be entered.  Sometimes I have to go through the whole thing at least once more.  Didn't have this problem with v. 128 or V. 57.  (didn't download v. 58). 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

@jmwellborn I don't have this issue (on v133). I can type text, switch to the image frame tool to draw an image frame, then return to the text tool and go on typing. The same for figures or the image tool to place an image. Whenever I pick the text-frame tool again, I can continue working in the text. It even works the same if I pick the artistic text tool to work inside a text frame.

Something must be different in your settings. Maybe try it with a new document...

1 hour ago, Wim Daniels said:

@jmwellborn I don't have this issue (on v133). I can type text, switch to the image frame tool to draw an image frame, then return to the text tool and go on typing. The same for figures or the image tool to place an image. Whenever I pick the text-frame tool again, I can continue working in the text. It even works the same if I pick the artistic text tool to work inside a text frame.

Something must be different in your settings. Maybe try it with a new document...

Thank you, I will.  To quote Scarlet o’Hara, tomorrow is another day.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:58 PM, Wim Daniels said:

It seems that the problem occurs when trying to place the text tool cursor next to the left text frame border.  Particularly if it is near the link triangle

1 hour ago, Pauls said:

@jmwellborn - I've logged an issue regarding the text tool not selecting

Thank you so much!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.