nzdunek1

Affinity Designer don't support any abr. files

Hi,
2 weeks ago I've bought brand new ipad pro and installed affinity designer and photo on the device. I've bought both affinity apps because I found the information that I can import abr files and all files are grey. I see this file on my Ipad but i can't choose this file!!! Is is just unclickable!! I'm realy mad because I've decided to buy an Ipad because I saw affinity software and right now i can't use any of my brushes. Even the simplest ones.
Please for some advice! 

TEST.abr

58 minutes ago, nzdunek1 said:

Hi,
2 weeks ago I've bought brand new ipad pro and installed affinity designer and photo on the device. I've bought both affinity apps because I found the information that I can import abr files and all files are grey. I see this file on my Ipad but i can't choose this file!!! Is is just unclickable!! I'm realy mad because I've decided to buy an Ipad because I saw affinity software and right now i can't use any of my brushes. Even the simplest ones.
Please for some advice! 

TEST.abr

OK, but can’t see any problem with your test-brush...?

Hold in mind that .abr brushes must be used in the pixel persona in Affinity Designer...

I have imported a lot of brushes from different Photoshop sites with no hussle...

Hi,
thank you so much that you answering because I really don't what to do.
I clicked affinity designer / photo >  document >  brushes studio > import > folder on ipad with some brushes and nothing is clickable. They are just grey and I just can't choose them. I've try to import some brushes into the adobe sketch and everything was fine. After that I've read on some forum that I should uninstall adobe sketch. I've do it and it don't works. File are grey and don't react on the click.
What is the problem?
Please for some advice bacause I lost my temper, and I really don't know were is the problem?

IMG_20180922_235218.jpg

I think you need to use cloud storage — Google Drive (Dysk) or iCloud Drive — instead of ‘On my iPad’.

tip.gif How to take a screenshot on your iPad

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

Wow, it really helped. Thank you so much!
Brushes aren't look like in PS but I don't start from zero.
I hope in the future there will be some improvements about brushes management.
Thank you guys, ones again :-)

Hi nzdunek1,

Unfortunately for brushes stored 'On my iPad' this is not something can change. Anything stored in that is treated as a document regardless of the extension, however we're unsure if this is intentional from Apple or a bug! If you use the iCloud drive you should be ok as Alfred mentioned. Also ABR files will need to be imported whilst in the Pixel Persona in Designer!