yusufjamal2510

the tools panel crops out of the windows

Hello Yusufjamal2510,

I have the same screen resolution as you and I have unlocked the taskbar: it disappears if I don't position the cursor at the very bottom of the screen to make it reappear. All tools are then visible.

You can also display the tools in two (or more) columns instead of one: "View", "Customize tools" and change the number of columns.

Outils AP.png

8 hours ago, reglico said:

Hello Yusufjamal2510,

I have the same screen resolution as you and I have unlocked the taskbar: it disappears if I don't position the cursor at the very bottom of the screen to make it reappear. All tools are then visible.

You can also display the tools in two (or more) columns instead of one: "View", "Customize tools" and change the number of columns.

Outils AP.png

Yes I know about this option. It's okay to fix it but it's not the thing that we should be doing. the software should have optimized by itself. why does the user has to do this? why does this even happen? the creator should've fixed it already.

2 hours ago, yusufjamal2510 said:

Yes I know about this option. It's okay to fix it but it's not the thing that we should be doing. the software should have optimized by itself. why does the user has to do this? why does this even happen? the creator should've fixed it already.

Of course, you're right, it would make sense for the display of the tools to automatically adapt according to the screen resolution.

1 hour ago, reglico said:

Of course, you're right, it would make sense for the display of the tools to automatically adapt according to the screen resolution.

And I don't my screen resolution is way lower than required, is it?

With a resolution of 1366*768 we are in the standard required for AP (1280*768), so we should not have this problem of displaying tools.

Screen resolution.png

I suppose that everyone who has this 1366*768 configuration has this problem.
Personally, if I want to display more tools than the default ones, I have to put them on two columns.
At a minimum, this two-column transition should be automatic, even if it reduces the size of the workspace.
Someone may have a solution to this problem but I think it's up to Serif to make a change in a future update.

Hi Yusufjamal2510,

I've passed this on to development to see what they say, but unfortunately there isn't physically any more space to fit icons. However I've suggested that if that happens 2 columns should be displayed instead of one.

2 hours ago, Sean P said:

However I've suggested that if that happens 2 columns should be displayed instead of one.

Hello Sean P, 

This solution would make sense, thank you.

Hello Mark,

Personally I am 100%.

My screenshot shows the entire screen (the taskbar is hidden). I simply added three tools and these push the others down. I know I can set the number of columns but it would be nice if this operation were done automatically.

Thank you.

Tools.png

12 hours ago, reglico said:

Hello Mark,

Personally I am 100%.

My screenshot shows the entire screen (the taskbar is hidden). I simply added three tools and these push the others down. I know I can set the number of columns but it would be nice if this operation were done automatically.

Thank you.

Tools.png

exactly, and as a new user of affinity I have also found may other problems with it like you can't directly convert the pen tool's selection into selection right from the same tool. Once you have chosen the area that has to be selected by pen tool, you have to go to selection tool and then convert it into selection from there. It's not a big issue but it kinda sucks.