You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

crash when you try to insert a photo into a shape

It's been so many days that I use Publisher and so far I only came upon this bug!

I even felt so confident that ... although you say not to use it for a professional use I kanda did!!! 

I will send you picture of the final product!! ha ha ha!!

So... sometimes when you try to insert a photo into a shape - like a "double star" for instance - the app crashes.

I am sending you the report of the dialogue box that appears after an applications crashes that prompts you to send to apple.

I hope I help just a tiny bit for another amazing app from you guys! 

Excellent work ... thank you!

affinity designer bug.txt

I have this problem too, but with psd or afphoto files. Anything that attempts to manipulate these images on the page will reliably crash Publisher in short order. I appreciate that some function may be under construction here – for example, after placing these files, the menu option to convert to picture frame is greyed out. (I can create the frame, then get the psd or afphoto into it....and it all works.....for maybe 10 seconds or so, then poof!)

Experience with jpg files has been pretty stable.

On 9/22/2018 at 6:47 PM, czissis said:

It's been so many days that I use Publisher and so far I only came upon this bug!

I even felt so confident that ... although you say not to use it for a professional use I kanda did!!! 

I will send you picture of the final product!! ha ha ha!!

So... sometimes when you try to insert a photo into a shape - like a "double star" for instance - the app crashes.

I am sending you the report of the dialogue box that appears after an applications crashes that prompts you to send to apple.

I hope I help just a tiny bit for another amazing app from you guys! 

Excellent work ... thank you!

affinity designer bug.txt

Hello. Here's my small contribution on the topic: I've tried to get it to crash on purpose by using multiple shapes and image formats (jpeg and tiff). No luck so far.

I do have trouble finding consistency in the manipulation of images in a shape (scaling etc)

Yeah I know ... it is not that is a clear crash all the time. I got it working and then manipulating the images had proplems ... eventually you get it where you want at the end! It’s not a major problem there ... more like a weak spot that needs a bit of attention by the developers... I am sure it’s gonna be fixed!

Ok this morning i have tried to recreate the crash ... after a million tries and a 48 min video AP worked like a charm! So maybe my mac was under the weather that day!

So i think my post was totally worthless ... sorry to have bothered you all and thanks again for the response guys!

4 hours ago, czissis said:

maybe my mac was under the weather that day!

Just a bit of general advice: When I experience general to extreme (Crash) odd-things I will log out and log in again and they tend to go away. Also don't let the machine run and 'sleep' all day for days on end. Shut down every couple of days at least.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.