You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Finding templates for dumbos like me

Hi to Affinity Publisher forum members,  Pleas can anyone help a dumbo like me.  I want to make a new business card and wondered if there was a template that I could import into Affinity Publisher.  I just want a page layout with blank card spaces.  Despite training as a printer (more than 50 years ago) I was never a compositor setting type.  So grasping the new systems is not that easy for me. 

Any help or advice would be most gratefully received.

Regards John Edwin Skelton.  PS note for Affinity Developers.  I would buy a templates pack to add to my assets for Affinity Publisher.

Hi Gabriel,  Thanks for your reply to my query ref business card templates.   I will look at the Business Card Tutorial that you have recommended. 

I have come up with a sort of ' John Edwin ' solution.   What I have done is to use the picture frame tool in Publisher.  I measured my existing business cards and made a frame to that size. Then I copied the picture frame 8 times to fit on an A4 portrait page.  Managed to get the frames to line up.   Then I imported to each frame my jpeg files which I had previously created (and really struggled to get lined up on an A4 page).  See jpeg below.  The jpeg images did not snap directly into the space created by the picture frame tool.  This must be because I don't have a parameter set correctly. 

I had been looking at the videos for Affinity Publisher and discovered the picture frame tool video.  These videos are really useful for Dumbo software users like me. 

Thanks again for your prompt reply. 

Best regards John Edwin in exile in the Slovak Republic

business-cards-biscuits-1.afpub