You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

High folks,
First of all: big applauses to the team that works on Publisher! I am really impressed ... and it is "only" a beta!
I tried a compile of a 245 pages book, and everything worked out real well and smooth from a-z.
One question:
Exporting a facing paging creates a PDF with double pages. How can I order a rail of single faced ready for printing?
I'm looking forward testing out Publisher even more through these next days and weeks.

Cheers.

Or would like to change this setting:

1882963334_Screenshot2018-09-2222_13_44.jpg.2b1cf0cd34b9b400213c7da507fd7af2.jpg

Suggestion to Affinity crew:
change list order to:
All Pages
All Spreads
Current Page
Current Spread

"All Pages" should be default.

Or, as this is to be added in next(?) beta: replace "Current Page" with Range; 5 (current page default, can be edited to anything: "2, 4-8")

@Fixx I see your point, but that just means that for every document I work on -- I'll have to change that setting to be All Spreads so double page spreads will be exported as is and not split into two pages. I feel that any changes will be met with some groans and such. But if more people want "All Pages" to be the default, so be it.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Hmm... just had a thought that maybe some kind of "output" options could be set? Either at the Application level or Document level. These options would basically set the output parameters for Tiff, PDF, etc. This way it's a set it once and forgetaboutit kinda thing. Of course you should be given the option to change the predetermined options in the export dialog. I feel like this could be included in the template function. 

And on second glance, I don't see a reason why a DTP document would need to be exported in an EXR or HDR format. Aren't those mostly devoted to Photography and/or 3D texturing?

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?