You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No way to edit corners of text frames

3 hours ago, Peter Sohn said:

I have not found a way to edit the corners of a text frame in Affinity Publisher. It works at the picture frames, but also there I find the functionality still expandable (similar to Adobe InDesign).

Hello @Peter Sohn,

wellcome to the forum.

What you can do is to first create a picture frame and edit the corners in a way you need it.
Then right click on it and select 'Convert to curves'.
Finally select from the menu 'Layer > Convert to Text Frame'.

The drawback from this method is that you can not modify the cornes anymore as you can do in a picture frame at any time.

d.

PS: BTW, since you are new to the forum. You may not have noticed it, this is the bug report section. A question like this would be better posted in the 'Discussion and Suggestions for Affinity Publisher' forum. It just helps to keep track of topics :)

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I think there is a better and simpler method…

1. Draw a rounded rectangle.
  2. Change to Text Frame tool and click on the rounded rectangle.

Done.

Note: Corners remain editable using the rounded rectangle tool.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

9 hours ago, Aammppaa said:
  1. Draw a rounded rectangle.

Hi @Aammppaa,

This is a very good suggestion. I wasn't aware of that. Thank you!

I think it is a little funny to call a tool 'Rounded Rectangle Tool' if it is possible to draw all kinds of corners that are not round, though ;)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.