You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity publisher beta

Can you give more information?

What platform are you working on?  Window or Mac?

Has it failed to load?  If so try loading it with the Ctrl key held down and when a dialogue box opens, select everything.  This will reset Affinity Publisher to its default settings .

Has it 'failed' while you were working on something -if so did  it fail on the same task every time?  What were you trying to do?  Did you get a 'crash report' to send to Serif?

Information is required in order for someone to help you, please. 

I have had this kind of issue with the Affinity installer before.

It is getting better and installing reliably for me at the moment, but obviously they haven't found all the bugs. 

My suggestions... 

1. Keep trying. It once took me 5 attempts, but I always got there in the end. 

2. The installer created a log file in your temp folder. Send these to Affinity, it will help them fix the problems. 

3. Try restarting your computer and then install. 

Hope this helps a little. 

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Have you checked that your system meets the minimum requirement (Windows 64 bit, min 2gb Ram 593 mB hard drive space etc 
(see these  at https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/publisher/desktop/full-feature-list/ )
If it does then the next steps that I would take are 
i) delete your present downloaded installation file then download the newest version (beta 1.7.0.128).

160616717_betaversion.PNG.a7773fede70e1ec682daef26c468f4f0.PNG
ii)turn OFF your wifi connection and disable your anti-virus programme.  Anti-virus programmes are known to falsely identify an installing programme as a threat. Your wifi isn't needed for installation and it is therefore safest to have it off while your anti-virus is off.
iii) start the installation using your new downloaded installation file.

This should then give you a successful installation and then you can turn on your anti-virus programme again and finally your wifi.

Hope this brings you sucess

Hi Marfbum

Can you confirm your system proprties (right click on This PC on your desktop and select properties.

1758654191_WindowsthisPC.PNG.b391e0c8350a3937e91f36767528c4ef.PNG

This should give you a screen like this (some personal details blanked out) .  If you have not got a 64 bit system you will not be able to install Affinity Publisher. 
Windowssystem.PNG.1680cc9490eb142fbf651fd14b65b89c.PNG

A thought -Have you successfully installed Affinity Photo or Designer?  If you had, then I can't explain why you are having a problem installing Publisher, and I don't know if any one else could without an error log .
However if you do have a 64bit system you could try going to you could go back to https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/publisher/, click on the download button and download from there

from Pman

I can't offer you any further advice myself.  It seems very strange that you've managed to install Designer and Photo yet Publisher Beta wont install.  That usually indicates a conflict with some other running programme , quite often an anti-virus prog which is why I suggested you turn it off while attempting an install. 
Perhaps someone else out there has a further suggestion.
Yes I've installed v133 and used it - noticed right away on page setup dialogue box that users can now decide at that stage whether to embed or link images as they are inserted, great news for a lot of people who have been asking for just that so well done, Serif!!

Pman

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 11:06 PM, Jemez said:

Could someone please confirm - Affinity publisher will not be available for Windows 32-bit systems??

I just stumbled across this thread. I can confirm that the Affinity apps are all 64-bit only (so they won’t work on a 32-bit version of Windows, even if it’s installed on a computer with a 64-bit processor).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.