You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Place pdfs WITH bleed

In build 133, a placed pdf which has bleeds and crop marks gets placed on the page with only the trimmed content visible, double-click to edit and you can see the original pdf with all its bleed and marks. But there seems to be no way yet to tell Publisher to show the bleed on the page (e.g. when you get sent an advert by another designer to place in your document and it needs to bleed off the page) - or am I missing something?.

I like the neatness of placing the pdf without bleed, but it would be better if there was an option to show or not, or at least for it to be placed within a picture frame so you could manually reveal the bleed, but a choice initially would be best.

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

Yes, current way is not how it should work. In Other Softwares there is an option to choose cropping on import. Here in Publisher the obvious way would be to use crop tool to reveal bleed. However that is not how it works now, (un)crop does not reveal anything. I even tried to adjust placed PDF in Publisher but I could not find the cropping element to adjust.

• 2 years later...

@evtonic3 The comments are from 2018. Still a PDF is placed initially without bleed or crop marks, but you can change this in the context toolbar with the pulldown called Page Box.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed