Paragraph formatting

Paragraph formatting describes text attributes which are applied at a paragraph level.

Paragraph formatting includes attributes such as alignment, leading, and indents which can only be applied to full paragraphs or stories.

This type of formatting can be applied to artistic text, but is more appropriate for frame text.

With your text (or text object) selected, paragraph formatting settings are available from the context toolbar, the Text menu, and the Paragraph panel.

To access the Paragraph panel:

Do one of the following:

• With text selected, on the context toolbar, click Paragraph.
  • From the Text menu, select Show Paragraph.
  • From the View menu, select Studio>Paragraph.

To add tab stops:

On the Paragraph panel, in the Tab Stops section:

1. Set the tab stop space using the input box.
  2. Click Add New Tab Stop.

A new tab stop is added to the paragraph and is listed on the left within the Tab Stops section. If you repeat the above procedure to add multiple tab stops, the tab stop space is calculated from the position of the previously added tab stop.

To modify and delete tab stops:

On the Paragraph panel, in the Tab Stops section, do one of the following:

• Double-click a listed tab stop and type in a new value to adjust the tab stop position.
  • Select a listed tab stop and set the Alignment and/or Leader.
  • Select a listed tab stop and click Delete Selected Tab Stop to remove a tab stop.

548438133_ScreenShot2018-09-22at08_05_32.png.188c77e57ae15616b6cef6545baba607.png

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  

Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

2 minutes ago, undercovergypsy said:

I wish I could click on the ruler like Serif Page Plus. I Loved that.

If it helps, View > Show Text Ruler and then you can set tab stops by clicking. See the status bar for more hints while the mouse is over the text ruler.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

This is what you want

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009)

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor

Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan

Mainly use Affinity Designer & Photo 1.6 Publisher 1.7.0.145 Beta

www.bingercreative.co.uk