You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher book suggestions (split)

Did not have time to figure it out.
And is there?
1. Save the spread of the book to a file? Not the page but the whole page. It is necessary when printing photobooks (wet print).
I understand that for this you can create 1 work area = 2 people. But then there is no way to center on the page. It centers around the work area, and you have to invent a lot of crutches and dance with a tambourine to do it right.
2. Cover. If you save a back cover in the same file (jpeg / tif / other) on the left, on the right side of the front cover.
3. Ideally, you could specify the thickness of the farzac for the cover. (this is certainly not critical, for the cover you can create a separate dokumnet, but the opportunity to do everything in one was very handy)

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• Staff

@Max N

As I think I have said before, please do not post feature requests or bugs in the beta announcement threads. I have split your suggestions off. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

59 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

@Max N

As I think I have said before, please do not post feature requests or bugs in the beta announcement threads. I have split your suggestions off. 

I agree. I was wrong with the branch.
The proposal was rejected because it does not correspond to the branch, or because the layout of such products will not be supported by APub?

Windows 11 64-bit,

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

@Max N

I'm not sure that the translator translates what I'm talking about reliably. Here is a parmer of books, for which you need a file consisting of two divisions. In the manufacture of such books, a sheet is printed on the sheet. Turning broken into several files of the typography does not take. And to make two pages on one work area is inconvenient, since there is no possibility of centering on the page.
Now I'm publishing such books in AD, and I'm looking forward to the appearance of APub, with the hope that there will not be those problems that I encounter in AD.
Kniga.thumb.jpg.55fe54c64d681118cf495332faea7e4b.jpg

Windows 11 64-bit,

Yes Affinity Publisher will do these examples very easily. All you have to do is select "Facing Pages" and you have  two pages side by side.

257998553_FacingPagesetup.jpeg.1351398df9ef92e40bc1e1ce73f02e6f.jpeg

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.