You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 133-140 - Opening PDF, Font Replacement Bugs

Tried opening a pdf from ID. It said several fonts were missing. When I tried to select the replacement fonts and styles, the styles refused to stick (selected CondBold and it kept reverting to CondLight). Also refused to accept a selected font for several other instances of a missing font.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @nwhit,

Apologise for the delayed reply. 

Can you please update to the latest version and try again?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/69225-affinity-publisher-public-beta-170139-140-mac/

If it still happens, please attach the PDF and the fonts in questions and we can have a look for you. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Just tried it with 140 and still have issues. Some changes in the missing fonts stick while most do not. Seems I can change the font family but the style seems random as to whether it will stick or not. Not had that issue in ID with these files.

I also just tried opening it in AD and it has the same issue, so perhaps there is something wrong with the pdf, or even possibly with my fonts! However, I've never had this issue with other apps including ID and PS, so not sure what to say.

Aero-Fac A4 6pp Brochure.pdf

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

The missing font(s) were Futura variations and a couple Swiss. We tried to replace the Futura with our Futura of the same or other styles. Most (and the correct variations) don't stick (as per the video). The Swiss are now sticking, though didn't previously. I tried with other fonts and some stick while others don't. Again, we may have faulty fonts such as our Futura families, or the pdf may contain faulty futura fonts. Not really sure, although we did get it to happen with a couple other fonts that I can't remember at this moment. 

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.