You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Size of Selection Tool cursor

Am unable to increase/decrease the size of the selection tool. I use a Windows 10 (pro) pc and haveAffinity Photo. 

I am just starting to try to use this product and found a few YouTube tutorials that seemed to justify my adding it to my LightRoom being on my PC.

But when I try to use the mouse's scroll wheel to vary the size of the 'circle', the only effect that has is to enlarge/decrease the size of the image i'm working on.

Am I not understanding how this works?

I saw a reference to a 'flood tool' on a YouTube video. I don't see the icon on my menus. Do I not have the same version (I have 1.6.5.123)?

Mouse over the size box in the context menu above the workspace and use the scroll wheel, pressing shift increases by units of 10 

1047553477_ScreenShot2018-09-21at22_04_19.png.019ae0b220a1a9dea66634dc5658ca6a.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, LightChaser said:

Am unable to increase/decrease the size of the selection tool. I use a Windows 10 (pro) pc and have Affinity Photo. 

I saw a reference to a 'flood tool' on a YouTube video. I don't see the icon on my menus. Do I not have the same version (I have 1.6.5.123)?

You can adjust the brush size in several way.

1. As @firstdefence suggests, using the mouse wheel.

2. Use the [  ] keys on the keyboard.

3 Press and hold down the Alt key, then press down both mouse buttons and drag left or right.

There is a Flood Select Tool (aka Magic Wand) immediately below the Selection Brush Tool

wand.jpg.92db5e3907af7d2d7c4a6c95a10b107e.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Many thanks to both correspondents!!! 

And I'm going to want to check out the trove of tutorials:  Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials (200+)

I have been using LightRoom on my desktop. I decided to add it to my desktop owing to the existence of this select tool which is absent on LR.  While this program can do far more than i envision ever needing, it has some features that I can already wrap my mind around which appear quite useful.