You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

all guides hidden bleed glitch

In build 133 on Mac, there's a new glitch - with view mode 'Clip to canvas' active, and 'Hide all guides' there's now an outline around the object in the bleed area.

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 20.25.49.png

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

I get this only when I make a new page and click or hover over the object if it is a master page item. It is only a brief couple of seconds, I think this is more of a decision made to let us know that the object extends off the page and bleed area.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

No this isn't hovering the object, it's permanent, and it's whether or not they're master page items. Same Publisher build as you, but MacOS 10.13.6.

13 minutes ago, iaing said:

No this isn't hovering the object, it's permanent, and it's whether or not they're master page items. Same Publisher build as you, but MacOS 10.13.6.

I just noticed this too, it is caused by the Snapping Manager (View > Snapping Manager...) and the top check box 'Show snapping candidates' being checked. Not a bug for me.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

8 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

it is caused by the Snapping Manager

Well done Bruce, that gets rid of it - I still think Hide all guides should hide all guides though, so I'd still say bug.

1 hour ago, iaing said:

I still think Hide all guides should hide all guides though, so I'd still say bug.

‘Hide all guides’ does hide all guides, as far as I’m aware. The purple outlines that indicate snapping candidates are not guides.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

25 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

‘Hide all guides’ does hide all guides, as far as I’m aware. The purple outlines that indicate snapping candidates are not guides.

Fair point -  but in that case it's not honouring Clip to Canvas - it's not a big deal, I guess it's just bugging me that in order to see a clean preview of the finished job I need to enable Clip to Canvas + Hide all Guides + disable Show snapping candidates - its quicker to export a pdf!

1 hour ago, iaing said:

Fair point -  but in that case it's not honouring Clip to Canvas - it's not a big deal, I guess it's just bugging me that in order to see a clean preview of the finished job I need to enable Clip to Canvas + Hide all Guides + disable Show snapping candidates - its quicker to export a pdf!

Fair point — as somebody famous once said! :D

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.