You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Auto Option is a problem - Easy fix

Problem: With my fire fighting pre-plan work I need to carefully draw one of 4 colors over top of property images from Google Earth. I also need to select various pre-made objects like Gas and Propane symbols located on 40 layers.

1 - When I try to precisely begin to draw a yellow fence line for instance, too often the tiny pause I make while carefully positioning my stylus gets interpreted as an automatic color picker and my yellow color disappears. I have to reselect the particular yellow all over again, and again. Very frustrating and needlessly slows my work down!

2. A similar thing happens when I select an object on a layer like a fire hydrant to relocate. Suddenly a whole different layer might get selected and moved accidentally which can ruin the map.

Ultimate Fix:  Create a preference menu where each of the tools can have that option turned off, or the hold and pause time for auto/option can be adjusted

Easy Fix: I'm sure this can be done in just an hour or two and would make a massive improvement to the interface. Just add one preference for now globally where a user can select how long or short the delay is which evokes the auto/option for Affinity in general.  A fast or slow slider or just a drop down- 0.1 sec, 0.2 sec...

The auto/option trigger delay is already part of your programing. You just need to add a small routine where the user can change the timing.

cheers and I really hope this happens soon. Affinity is perfect otherwise!

btate