You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch Resize Portrait + Landscape Images with MAX Long Edge and No Enlarging?

Hi, I am trying to find a solution for the following:

I have several folders of pictures that contain both landscape and portrait orientation images. Some of these images are as big as 6,000px + on the long edge, and some are as small as 2,500px on the long edge. The orientations and dimensions of the images are totally random in a given folder.

I want to be able to select all of the pics in a folder – no matter the dimensions or orientation – and be able to have Affinity batch resize them to a the long edge I choose, while not enlarging any of the pics that would need to be upsized.

Lightroom has a feature to do this (upon exporting images from a catalog), but I am looking for a way to do this in Affinity Photo. I don't want to re-import images back into Lightroom as a new catalog just to export them again with a new long edge. 

Is this possible?

Several of us discussed this in this post. If you want, I can provide a macro version for the size you want. You will need this if you want it as part of a batch job.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

@John Rostron Thank you so much for sharing that link. I totally missed that post when I was searching through the forums. I downloaded the macro and it looks so helpful and exactly what I am looking to do. Does it have any parameters to avoid upsizing? No worries if not – this is a great starting place and I know it will be helpful.

1 minute ago, quinnballard said:

Does it have any parameters?

The macro can be parameterized, but this is inadvisable for use in a batch process. That link provides the information on writing your own version so you can hard-wire your own maximum size in there.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630