Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.8.5.703.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004, Build 19041.508.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200.

Makes sense and would be useful. - However, in the meantime just use one of the many PDF to EPUB converters. There are also a bunch of such free net based online converter services.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.8.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.8.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

I also want to add to the crowd, I need to have both options: PDF and ebooks. Please consider having that feature on the Publisher soon. BTW, I love the app, I was looking for a good software to format books and let me tell you that I'm happy that I have found you.

I am not an expert and I am learning here a lot. I was reading another thread about the same topic but I lost it  o0. Thank you to the members that have given us the references to PDF to EPUB converters, I'll try them. 

Unfortunately, I ended up having to abandon Affinity Publisher because I really needed ePub for my next book which has embedded video. 

I ended up migrating my books to Apple's Pages app (free) to create both PDF and ePub formats. This was not an easy task for 500+ pages with over 1000 images. 

In a lot of ways, it's easier to use and put together. In some ways, it falls short. But all-in-all I'm happy with it and I can still produce beautiful books in multiple formats that my customers have been asking for.

My only use for InDesign is to create Epub versions of book for a small non-profit publisher. I was REALLY happy to find that Affinity Publisher can now open the IDML files that are the starting point for my work. 

But there is no support yet for epubs. :-((((

PLEASE, PLEASE, raise the importance of this requirement on your priority list. Without this, Affinity Publisher is no use to me and I have to continue to use  InDesign . I have not found any epub creator that does as good a job making epubs as InDesign does. 

You have done a wonderful job with other requests I've made for Affinity Photo, so I hope epub support will come in 2020. 

Thanks for all the great work with Affiity products. 

I just read this note from BooXtreme,  a Company that provides ebook services to publishers.
Ebook reading is going through the roof. Our server capacity was increased 6-fold last week and we’re currently handing multiple #ebook #watermarking transactions per second. Our customers are mainly publishers selling ebooks direct to consumer."
Not at all surprising in these very difficult times,  I am now creating 2 or 3 ebooks per week of existing titles for a small non-profit publisher.

I have been evaluating the purchase of Publisher. Notwithstanding the ability to use third party conversion services, it seems that Publisher is missing the mark by not having the ability to export to epub natively inside the app. And this has been a request for at least two years. A little disconcerting to say the least.