You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"outer" and "inner" Bleed on spreads instead of left and right

As version .128 of the beta should now have repaired most issues handling bleed, I was about to test some things.

• I create a new document as a facing pages (and in this dialog I still cannot define bleed, only margins...)
  • I am now able to define bleed on all four sides independently.
  • the SETUP-DOC dialog only lets me enter LEFT RIGHT TOP BOTTOM which would be right for single pages
  • But I want to have no bleed on the spine so I need OUTER INNER TOP BOTTOM like ID does it after you select spreads.

Am I doing something wrong? I am only getting 0mm bleed on the left side of the spread.

890672189_Bildschirmfoto2018-09-21um10_44_48.png.eb16f1d47fa7177cb18f3ce8c7b7fd50.png

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

• Staff
2 hours ago, woefi said:

I need OUTER INNER TOP BOTTOM

Agreed this will be added soon.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 9/21/2018 at 3:11 PM, A_B_C said:

Does that mean you cannot enter any other value? :/

As a test, I thought, maybe enter 0 for the "left" side of the first page (which is the spine), I didn't read it at first, I expected same behaviour as ID.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

• 1 year later...

I'm lay outing a booklet with facing pages. In document settings I can give separate values for inner-outer-top-bottem bleed, but is seems to behave like if it was left-right-top-bottom.

I've put 0 bleed for inner, because I don't bleed on the spine. I have some pages with a background color. If those are right pages, there's is no bleed on the spine side, but if the coloured page is a left one, there is bleed on the right side and no bleed on the left side.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 11:14 AM, Bert_auurk said:

I've put 0 bleed for inner, because I don't bleed on the spine. I have some pages with a background color. If those are right pages, there's is no bleed on the spine side, but if the coloured page is a left one, there is bleed on the right side and no bleed on the left side.

Just in case you are using master pages defined as single pages (not spreads): Unfortunately APub treats single masters in a facing paged document as left pages, which may require to create separate masters, one for left and one for right page use.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.