You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Deleting Text frames

Having deleted all the linked text in a document I found that the only way I could find of deleting the frames remaining was by going to each page in the Layers dialog, right clicking each text layer and deleting that one. I had to do that for every page. There must be a better way than this, isn't there?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, deleting text frames seems hit or miss.  Sometimes clicking on it and then tapping the delete key works fine.  Other times, you have to select the arrow (move) icon, then hover over the arrow over the frame and hit delete is the only way to delete a frame.  As Chthonica notes,  "Not sure why."

Welcome to the forums.
If you are editing the text in a Text Frame then the Delete key will apply to the text in the frame, deleting whatever is to the right of the text cursor. To delete the frame, in this case, you need to select the Text Frame itself, rather than be editing it, and then the Delete key will work. Otherwise, whenever you pressed the Delete key you would delete the whole frame, rather than just the character to the right.
Does this help? Or are you seeing something else?

• 2 years later...

Hi, I was struggling with this even though I know I had previously resolved.  I found following advice of hovering over arrow and hitting delete, deleted the frame and text.  So selected text to highlight the edit box which appears in top right clicked on the icon to open window and de-selected stroke.  That removed the frame,