You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Loading WebPlus and HTML (split)

29 minutes ago, RAMWolff1356 said:

Considering that Affinity is part of Serif I've just discovered that I can't import in my older WebPlus website files.  Will the ability of importing files like that be supported in the near future?  Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, RAMWolff1356 said:

WOW, just discovered this won't even open up an HTML file so there goes that idea of a work around.  That makes me sad.  

:o

I’m sorry to have to tell you this, Richard, but Serif aren’t planning to add a web design app to the Affinity suite. In any case, none of the Affinity apps can read the native files from the old ‘Plus’ series.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I’m sorry to have to tell you this, Richard, but Serif aren’t planning to add a web design app to the Affinity suite. In any case, none of the Affinity apps can read the native files from the old ‘Plus’ series.

This makes me sad as a web developer. The suite is amazing and a Dreamweaver alternative would be amazing. Please reconsider down the line?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 2:51 PM, αℓƒяє∂ said:

WOW.. .more sad now.  OK, so I guess I'll stick with WebPlus for as along as I can and then hop over to another company for those needs.  I've been toying with the idea of using WIX and even have the start of an update for my current, very much in need of an update, web site..... Too bad, rather give these guys the money.  Thanks for the heads up! 

8 hours ago, RAMWolff1356 said:

I've been toying with the idea of using WIX and even have the start of an update for my current, very much in need of an update, web site.....

WYSIWYG Web Builder might be worth a look. They offer a 30-day free trial.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)