You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Possible bug with lists

I am not 100% sure if this is an actual bug, or if I am doing something wrong.

I created this dummy document to play around. Latest version .128.
I changed some of the text to an unordered list, but I can't get the text to line up properly. Even more so, I got the strangest effects whilst changing bullet type and tabstops in "Bullets & Numbering". Sometimes the 2nd line would "jump" to a really big intent from the left.
Also tried changing values in the "Justification" tab. 

Any ideas?

publisher_bullets.jpg

1 hour ago, LostInTranslation said:

I am not 100% sure if this is an actual bug, or if I am doing something wrong.

I created this dummy document to play around. Latest version .128.
I changed some of the text to an unordered list, but I can't get the text to line up properly. Even more so, I got the strangest effects whilst changing bullet type and tabstops in "Bullets & Numbering". Sometimes the 2nd line would "jump" to a really big intent from the left.
Also tried changing values in the "Justification" tab. 

Any ideas?

I had the same problem. It works fine. Take a look at this thread.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

30 minutes ago, Martigny said:

I had the same problem. It works fine. Take a look at this thread.

Thanks Martigny, after "Show Text Ruler" I could easily adjust the spacing the way I wanted it.

However - and this is meant for Serif - I think it's the wrong way around and not intuitive at all.
If I leave anything at default and change lines to a list, it should "just work" out of the box. And only if I desire to have different spacing I should have to go through text ruler.

Also I think it should definitely be possible to do this from the "Bullets and Numbering" tab as well. I AM working with a bullet list after all.

This is the first thing that I encountered so far that I could not solve myself by just trying. I figured out a lot by going through the obvious options so far.
This one was not obvious to me at all.

While I am in no way a professional when it comes to the "Publisher" kind of software I am quite experienced in the Photo and Designer kind.
Maybe you could give this a second thought. 

1 hour ago, LostInTranslation said:

Thanks Martigny, after "Show Text Ruler" I could easily adjust the spacing the way I wanted it.

However - and this is meant for Serif - I think it's the wrong way around and not intuitive at all.
If I leave anything at default and change lines to a list, it should "just work" out of the box. And only if I desire to have different spacing I should have to go through text ruler.

Also I think it should definitely be possible to do this from the "Bullets and Numbering" tab as well. I AM working with a bullet list after all.

This is the first thing that I encountered so far that I could not solve myself by just trying. I figured out a lot by going through the obvious options so far.
This one was not obvious to me at all.

While I am in no way a professional when it comes to the "Publisher" kind of software I am quite experienced in the Photo and Designer kind.
Maybe you could give this a second thought. 

I agree. I'm sure they'll sort it out.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

I can''t see a way to do that. However, when I want to do it I use tables and do the list manually - much more flexible.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.