You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Loss of Text Frame Border When Dragging Artistic Text Asset

I created an artistic text (with decorations - a box around the text) object and stored it in the asset panel. When I drag this artistic text asset from the asset panel to a text frame, the text frame border disappears. When I drop the asset, the text frame border reappears and stays visible as a reposition the asset further.

• Staff

Hi KEC, 
I'm not sure I understood what you are trying to do/explain. You said you are dragging an artistic text object (to which you applied decorations - four lines around it to create a box) stored in the Assets panel over a text frame on the page? Not sure what you are intending to do here. Do you mind recording a clip of what's happening or sharing/uploading the publisher file and rephrasing the post above step by step please?

I'm happy to do that. It will probably take couple days.

It's relatively simple. I drag the artistic text object into the text frame so that I can insert it on the page. (I have the artistic text object set to jump text wrap.) I end up with a box with text inserted into the stream of the text. When I drag the artistic text object over the text frame, the text frame blue border disappears. All you can see is the text, no text frame. Once you drop the asset, the text frame outline reappears. I will try to put together the clip and upload a file that exhibits the problem.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.