Trxr

Raw files import prob on ipad

I’m using an iPad Pro and am having two issues with importing raw files into Affinity:

1) when I plug in my SD card the iPad imports CR2 RAW files as JPEGs in Photos, and as such I can’t get the RAW file to Affinity.

2) I tried a work around of loading CR2 RAW files into google drive using a desktop. But when I go to Afiinity for iPad, click import from google drive, I can see the the CR2 files, but my iPad won’t allow them to be downloaded.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I think from previous posts their is an ongoing issues with Affinity on iPad and Google cloud. Can you try same with with iCloud or Dropbox. That may work for you.

Also check here to confirm Apple support your raw format. https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT207972

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Thanks, DM1. Yea my camera is definitely supported. This is quite frustrating - Apple bills their iPads as an end-to-end solution, but these issues of file management seem deliberate. 

I’ll try the iCloud option. If anyone else has a workaround, I’d really appreciate. 

I import using apple's sd card reader into Apple's Photo stream.  In AP I use "import from photos", and it shows all my files with "raw" clearly designated.