You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page navigation not working

Using beta 1.7.0.128.

There may be other paths to reproduce this, but here's the one I found.

1) Create a new document. Mine was a letter-sized, portrait-oriented document.

2) Click the "Add Page" button. When the dialog comes up, specify adding 4 pages after page 1.

3) Choose Page 1 in the page navigation list on the left.

4) Click the image insertion tool. Choose an image. Click on the page itself to insert it.

5) Unexpected behavior: The image is inserted onto page 2, not page one. At this point, clicking any of the pages in the page list on the left will change which page is highlighted, but will not change which page is actually shown. The page with your newly inserted image will remain displayed, and will remain the active page for any other things you add.

6) Further messing around...if you right-click on any page on the left and choose to delete it, the currently displayed page will finally change, to whatever page followed the deleted page. But then that page remains stuck as the one you're working with, and the same problem persists (inability to change the active page by clicking on different pages on the left).

Just a guess...

You need to click on a page in the Pages panel twice to select it. You probably only clicked once.

I've found that confusing at times.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Okay...but then what's the point of the blue highlighting square that goes around the page you select with a single-click? That is a pretty strong visual indicator of which page is the current one. There does appear, looking closely, to be a much less visible gray square which appears most of the time around the actually displayed page, but I never even noticed that before now because the blue selector is so much more apparent and looks like something that would tell me which page I'm looking at.

37 minutes ago, trajanmcgill said:

Okay...but then what's the point of the blue highlighting square that goes around the page you select with a single-click?

Good question. I've no idea.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

16 hours ago, trajanmcgill said:

Okay...but then what's the point of the blue highlighting square that goes around the page you select with a single-click? That is a pretty strong visual indicator of which page is the current one. There does appear, looking closely, to be a much less visible gray square which appears most of the time around the actually displayed page, but I never even noticed that before now because the blue selector is so much more apparent and looks like something that would tell me which page I'm looking at.

A simple click selects the page without displaying the content. In this way, you can select one or more pages to move, for example.
I would also like to see a different color scheme.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.