You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

double-clicking on textframe to enter text won't work

I am not getting this behaviour at all. Okay now I am, I added a master page and a few graphic items (grey boxes) and then it happened. It didn't when I only had some text frames in the thing. I have to reselect the text tool.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...

The text tool is still rather unresponsive.  Using v. 139 I have recently done a very large cut and paste job, involving cutting several lines of text from one part of a document and then going back a few pages in the same document and trying to paste them in.  That part worked.  But when I returned to the page from which the text was cut and tried to resume work, I could not get the text tool to work by clicking in the text frame.   Sometimes it took  two or three toggles between the Move tool and the Text tool before I could get it started again.   

I started a new document yesterday using pica measurements and created a text frame, then set it for 2 columns with a 1 pica gutter.  Worked.  But when I tried to use the text tool by clicking inside the first column the frames just disappeared, leaving a blank page.  When I clicked on the page again, the 2-column frames reappeared.  Back and forth.  But there was no way I could make the text tool work.  Never could use the document setup.  There is either something I don’t have a clue about, or something is not working the way it should.

By the way, when I created a different new document, made a single text frame on a page with a 6-pica left margin and a 4-pica right margin, then entered some text, and THEN changed the layout to two columns separated by a 1 pica gutter, I got just that.  Two columns 20 picas wide each, separated by 1 pica gutter added to 10 picas L-R margin = 51 picas.  The correct measurement for 8-1/2 by 11”  paper.  And I was able to continue placing text.  (although the text tool was still erratic, as described above)

Hope this helps?

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.