You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using Assets

When I pick up an asset (phone symbol) on the master page - symbol plus phone number for bottom of page. It works well on master page but on subsequent pages you get the master page and a sploge of the set icon that cannot be removed. maybe it is me but it might be a bug.

Hope this helps as Publisher is another great Affinity program!

Check the layers panel for a page with the 'sploge' on it. I have 115 copies, Coffee Cup, on mine smeared from the top corner to where it was placed. Good catch demimaderek, by the way I have always spelt it 'splodge'. The number of repeats increases with the length of time you take to place it and the path the splodge makes follows your cursor's route. Plus it may not disappear after removing the item from the Master.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

A follow up: If I remove the item from one of the pages it will be removed from all of the pages and the Master too.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

6 hours ago, demimaderek said:

Thanks - will try these - obviously an interesting bug.

Early morning here. This gave me a laugh: "...an interesting bug."

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hi guys,

Do you have a document and/or screenshots? I can't seem to reproduce this at all O.o I'm not sure if we've inadvertently fixed something?

I checked first thing with 139 and it seems to have been fixed, I really tried to reproduce it and was unsuccessful in all attempts so I stopped. I'll look to see if I have any of the old files or maybe I could go back to an earlier version and recreate it if you want.

• Staff

I wouldn't worry about going back—you've probably got better things to do and I can do this for you. I've only just noticed the original post was 2 weeks ago otherwise I'd have tried it before asking :/ If you run into it again in any current builds, let me know. 

• 3 months later...

Trying out "Assets" iOS12 in Publisher beta 206 leads to the message "missing fonts".

2045907712_Bildschirmfoto2019-01-15um09_07_58.png.4d8a539c2fa03b3e990a9ea6060484ae.png435609198_Bildschirmfoto2019-01-15um09_06_20.png.492dd3bc3e60c5695ea6bf027cd85daf.png

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

53 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I can reproduce this and I'm sure I've seen this before. I'll pass it to the team for you. Cheers, Puck.

Wow, that was a very quick response! Heartfelt thanks Chris.

Cheers :D 

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• Staff
24 minutes ago, Puck said:

Wow, that was a very quick response! Heartfelt thanks Chris.

Cheers :D

Hmm, I've just realised that the assets were made in the Apple System font which we don't supply and isn't a usable font on macOS/Windows. I believe a long time ago we discussed this and it meant the assets would need to be redone at some point to use a universal font that is used on macOS and Windows. 

On 1/15/2019 at 12:27 PM, Chris B said:

Hmm, I've just realised that the assets were made in the Apple System font which we don't supply and isn't a usable font on macOS/Windows. I believe a long time ago we discussed this and it meant the assets would need to be redone at some point to use a universal font that is used on macOS and Windows. 

Hi, Chris, thank you very much for the info.

Cheers

Puck

On 1/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, MEB said:

You can get the San Francisco fonts from here.

Hi Meb, thank you very much :D 

Cheers

Puck

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Brian Nguyen said:

Is this downloadable on windows? and if so, how do you do it?

There’s a pinned thread near the top of this forum. The first post to the thread includes a download link. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.