You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Am I the only one who has issue with the name?

Is "Publisher" just a temporary working name?

Does no one remember the awful Microsoft Publisher software?

Not only it is a copyrighted name, but it has very negative associations for many designers.

A couple of free suggestions: Affinity Layout, Affinity Spreads, Affinity Concept, Affinity Koncept

• Staff

@NEW TREE

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Am I the only one who has issue with the name?

Apparently not, but we like it

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

hehe, sorry, didn't search beforehand!

I am on board (as long as it works), no matter what you call it! (I would LOVE to see a rebranding to Affinity AdobeKiller™)

I love your Photo and Designer apps, and have been waiting for a page layout app to replace my old Adobe products. Keep up the great work!

Any thoughts on developing a decent WYSIWYG?

• Staff
11 minutes ago, NEW TREE said:

Any thoughts on developing a decent WYSIWYG?

If you mean DTP WYSIWYG then I hope we have one now ;) . If you mean a web editor, then our head of development has said it is unlikely but..

On 10/7/2014 at 5:43 PM, TonyB said:

Do you plan to have Web site design/Digital Asset Management/animation/video editing products too?
We’re not sure yet! but we are very interested in adding a DAM solution to the Affinity suite in future.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon