You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple Color Emoji

5 hours ago, Pauls said:

We don't support emoji - so this would be expected

Real friends don't let friends use emoji. [smiley-face emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:13 AM, Pauls said:

We don't support emoji - so this would be expected

AffPub don't support emoji?. In the screen shot of Aff Pub Beta,  you can see that the Edit menu says "emoji & symbols", also the type of font says "apple color emoji", if isn't supported why is in this menu? ;)

Emoji.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Emoji should be supported in a professional publishing app, because it's a common subject of publishing projects. Look, I don't use them in my communication, but today I tried the beta version to do a real-world project about the impact of emoji. I had to use cropped screen-shots of them to put them in my project. I do not know what awful coding is required to support these emoji things, but please give it a better attempt. They are here to stay. They will not go away. So find a way. OK?

44 minutes ago, rjvela82 said:

Perhaps an asset collection should be put together and shared with the community.

Don’t forget to post a link when it’s ready! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 11:36 PM, ubercool said:

That menu item still doesn't work.

You can use this menu and it does work.

It's just that Affinity doesn't support most glyphs of its related Apple font "Apple Color Emoji" – even though you may use it to insert some of its glyphs (try 'flags') + make them occur in the text frame they can get noted as "missing characters" in APub's Font Manager.

1098440672_appleemojisymbolfont.jpg.7546b6d0f1b2cdaf0ff441e8e0122ad8.jpg   148606939_appleemojisymbolfontselection.jpg.5416586ab6bb26e0398e39a094c7a549.jpg

Fun fact: even the 'invisible' emoji glyphs of this font do occur as desired in the Layer Panel as text frame layer preview:

851423402_appleemojisymbolfontlayerspanel.jpg.fc1d1cfc631064d3900b56d10b911679.jpg

On 9/23/2018 at 9:35 PM, nautiloda said:

if isn't supported why is in this menu?

This menu entry is an Apple item, created by macOS.
Similar to File > Share, which isn't really useful in Affinity, even though you may change your computers desktop image from within Affinity this way.

2100433378_menufileshare.jpg.000277590cf7a5a9cb6c5bef94d60ae3.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.