You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some Issues with Beta 128

1. The grid display only shows on page one of a document. You can also get it to show on a Master Pages. However,  the Master page grid will not visually match the one on page one (even if they have the same settings in the grid manager) if you switch between the Master and Page one. I would imagine this is due to the bleed display issue in my point 2 below.

2. The bleed does not show on the Master page.

3. If you draw a Table then select a cell you can't use the 'Command +' shortcut to zoom in. However, the 'Command -' shortcut to zoom out still works.

4. The 'delete' key seems to add a space into a text box if nothing is selected and it will also add a space to the text box if you delete a selection. The 'arrow' keys put small boxes with an X in them into the text instead of moving the cursor. This issue seems to be fixed by re-starting the application.

FYI: I am using Affinity Publisher Beta on a Mac running MacOS 10.13.6

Edited by Spacemanspiff
New information

I am not experiencing the issues you mention, so they are either OS related (I am on Windows) or there is something strange going on with your setup / installation.

Perhaps someone on a Mac will investigate?

1. I am seeing the same grid on all Masters and all Pages.

2. I also see the bleed on the Masters.

3. I can zoom in both directions whilst a table cell is selected.

4. Is this bug here.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

11 hours ago, Spacemanspiff said:

3. If you draw a Table then select a cell you can't use the 'Command +' shortcut to zoom in. However, the 'Command -' shortcut to zoom out still works.

This is weird. On U.S. English Apple keyboards, this is how the 2 keys are configured:939497093_keys-.jpg.5b3375fb026d343ff8006a10f45dd468.jpg

Thus, normally '+' is entered by holding down the Shift key while tapping the "=" key, while '-' is entered just by tapping the '-' key.

But in Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo, the default zoom in shortcut shows as '⌘+' (both in the View menu & in Keyboard Shortcut preferences) & works without having to hold down the Shift ('⇧') key. In Affinity Publisher beta that does not work in a table cell, so this seems to be a bug.

But the really weird part is in all three apps, if I try to set the "Zoom In" shortcut manually in Keyboard Shortcut preferences to '⌘+' without holding down the Shift key, that doesn't work. I get '⌘=' instead, more or less what I would expect to be normal for U.S. English Apple keyboards. If I do hold down the Shift key, I get '⌘⇧=' and that works everywhere in all 3 apps, as does '⌘=' if I set the shortcut to that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, fde101 said:

Keyboards with a numeric keypad also have a + button on the keypad; that might be what they had in mind?

Brilliant observation! I was going crazy trying to figure out how to manually enter '⌘+' in the keyboard shortcuts for all three apps, but using the + key on the numeric keypad on my full-sized Apple Aluminum keyboard works for that.

Interestingly but still a bit weirdly, in APub using CMD and the keypad + key works in table cells, whereas CMD and the usual +  key in the number keys row does not, so that is a bug.

Just guessing but I imagine they are using key code conversion charts to detect which non-modifier keys are pressed & left out the code for the +  key in the number keys row in the beta ... maybe?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.