You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Getting ahead of myself - Pantone question

Hi, for Affinity Designer, when Pantone support comes on-line, would I be able to take say an EPS graphic, let's say a logo design, in CMYK colour and convert it to tones/transparency/density of a single Pantone colour? So a full colour logo, could be re-coloured into shades of a single Pantone color?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

To "piggyback" on MEB's answer, the .AI file must have been created or saved in a format of Illustrator version 9 or above. In version 9, AI introduced saving their files natively with PDF information embedded. This embedded programming is what enables Affinity to open .AI files. If your files are that old, before opening them in AD, resave them in a newwer version of Illustrator, if possible.

IT DID OPEN A PANTONE PDF

Hi MED and Quarian,

I just tried again to open an PDF with Pantone colors. It DID open! Yeah! It is white but it is there. I put into outline mode and re-colored the white.

Perfect. I just show the client the design in CMYK. When approved, I change the colors to pure C, M, Y, and K and specify Pantone colors to the printing company for spot color printing like: C=Pantone Reflex Blue, M=Pantone 021, etc.

Thank you.

So, you went old school and specified to the printer to print the spot colors wherever you had certain colors indicated as placeholders in your document. Cool! "Rubylith, anyone?" PLEASE let us know if that was successful in final printing. Your answer may be the workaround for everyone on this board who's waiting for Pantone inclusion in AD.