I have a long text document in linked text frames. I have added figures I want to number and caption and be able to list in a Table/List of Figures. I want to group the captions with the Figures, and wrap the original continuous text around these groups of (figure(s) + caption(s). 

Attempts to add a Text box or frame for the caption breaks the continuous text, adding the caption content to the original text. How do I achieve my desired result? I guess I mean a box of editable unrelated text within existing text, that will travel with (or be grouped with) its image, not the original text. I seem to be missing something I should be doing. 

Create your caption text frame somewhere outside of the initial text box, and put your caption in it. Then use the Move tool to position it with the image. Then Group the image and caption using the Layers panel. Then with the group selected, use the Text Wrap options to give the underlying text the proper flow around the image/text object.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

On 9/19/2018 at 7:13 PM, walt.farrell said:

Create your caption text frame somewhere outside of the initial text box, and put your caption in it. Then use the Move tool to position it with the image. Then Group the image and caption using the Layers panel. Then with the group selected, use the Text Wrap options to give the underlying text the proper flow around the image/text object.

Tried that on my MAC.   If the image is on the pasteboard, outside the document window, it will group with a text frame with the caption, but then when the Move tool sends it over into the text frame already on the document page, only the image remains.  The caption text frame disappears, leaving a white space where it had  been grouped with the image.  If the image is already on the document page within a text frame, it is not possible to move another caption text frame to it, where it could be grouped.

Something very odd here.