It is true that a higher contrast between active and inactive tabs would be welcome. Sometimes I have trouble differentiating them on the laptop depending on my position in front of the screen.

+1 one of the many small frustrations with the Affinity UI.

Seems like such an easy fix too.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

In the meantime, perhaps it would be safer to use File > Close or Ctrl+w to close the tabs :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.518 Beta

6 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

In the meantime, perhaps it would be safer to use File > Close or Ctrl+w to close the tabs :)

Ummm.. I think that is just what is happening. Using a menu command without being sure which tab is selected. Safer would be to use the close box in the tab (or window).

6 hours ago, Fixx said:

Ummm.. I think that is just what is happening. Using a menu command without being sure which tab is selected. Safer would be to use the close box in the tab (or window).

I think it is more likely to be an issue with clicking the button on the tab, as you can't be sure (with the low contrast) that the tab you've chosen is for the image that's currently displayed. But the menu-based options will always close the document that is currently visible.

They could only have a conflict if you have floated image windows, but in that case all you need to do is click the image you want to close first.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.518 Beta

I'm glad I'm not the only one having an issue with this. And I agree, it should be an easy fix for the developer.

I'll try the shutting down from the menu and see if that helps until they address this issue.

Thanks

Sig